Opportunity Title: Radio Communication Technician
Location: Houston, TX
Closed Date: 08/30/2017
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CenterPoint Energy, Inc., headquartered in Houston, is a domestic energy delivery company that includes electric transmission & distribution, natural gas distribution and energy services operations. The company serves more than five million metered customers primarily in Arkansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas.
If you served our country in the military, we know you understand the level of commitment it takes to get the job done. Those who have military experience will readily identify with our core values of safety, integrity, accountability, initiative and respect for fellow employees, customers & the communities we serve.
Assist in the installation, operation, maintenance and removal of equipment associated with the various communication.
- Troubleshoot and repair voice and data communication equipment, update radio equipment data bases, construct electronic/radio frequency circuits, and test and evaluate new equipment and technologies.
- Utilize radio service software products, electronic test equipment, read schematics and perform soldering to complete tasks.
- Maintain service vehicle inventory.
- Associate of Applied Science Degree in Electronics or 60 credit hours of formal accredited training in electronics or related technical discipline.
- In lieu of education, may consider two (2) years of military experience, commercial, and/or industry related work.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in electronics, radio technology or related technical field.
- Ability to successfully complete the MECP basic installation technical exam within 1 year of service
- Ability to acquire an FCC General Radio Telephone License
- Ability to use math including formulas to determine circuit design, measure load, operate test equipment, make voltage conversion.
- This is a union position starting at $30.48/hr
- College degree preferred, will accept experience in lieu of education.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below