Opportunity Title: Automotive Vehicle Technician
Location: Houston, TX
Closed Date: 08/31/2018
ABOUT THE COMPANY
CenterPoint Energy, Inc., headquartered in Houston, is a domestic energy delivery company that includes electric transmission & distribution, natural gas distribution and energy services operations. The company serves more than five million metered customers primarily in Arkansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Oklahoma, and Texas.
If you served our country in the military, we know you understand the level of commitment it takes to get the job done. Those who have military experience will readily identify with our core values of safety, integrity, accountability, initiative and respect for fellow employees, customers & the communities we serve.
- Maintenance & repair operation of diverse units, such as derrick diggers, single and double buckets, tow motors, cranes, construction, and other various equipment.
- Fleet maintenance to include: powertrain, hydraulics, brakes & suspension, HVAC systems, computer & electronics, after-treatment systems & fuel systems.
- Requires a minimum of two years (60 hours) of college or technical training in the automotive/diesel field.
- A minimum of two years experience.
- Fleet maintenance experience including hydraulics and heavy equipment is preferred.
- Military or technical training in automotive repair and maintenance may substitute for the experience requirements.
- Technical degree preferred, will accept related military or technical experience.
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screening
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below