Opportunity Title: Field Trainee
Location: West Texas
Closed Date: Until Field
ABOUT THE COMPANY
“Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to getting results the right way – by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. Operational Excellence puts into action our Chevron Way value of protecting people and the environment and helps us achieve Chevron’s vision to be the global energy company most admired for its people, partnership and performance.”
This is a full time six month entry level “Training” position designed to develop and achieve demonstrated field operations competency required to assume the responsibility of operating and maintaining pneumatic and electronic equipment associated with electrical rotating and compression equipment as well as separation equipment utilized in Oil and Gas production, gathering, separation and extraction processes. Once competency is achieved the successful candidate will be promoted into either a Field or Specialist “B” position.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
· Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating practices as described in the MCBU Managing Safe Work and Operational Excellence Management System.
· Attend specialized training designed to develop the competency to operate, maintain and monitor current production process, rotating and compression equipment.
· Partner with local Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Mentor to reinforce training and strengthen competency.
· Develop the competencies to obtain the ability to deliver adherence to Operational Excellence, quality standard operating procedures (QSOP) and regulatory requirements.
· Drives on a routine basis.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Associates of Applied Science technology degree with a GPA of 2.5 or higher in Petroleum, Process, Natural Gas Compression, Instrumentation and Control, Electrical, Industrial Maintenance, or Mechanical Discipline within the last two years; If not graduated, must be in last semester of degree plan and must submit final proof of transcripts;
· Military rank of E4 or higher and discharged from the military within the last 2 years with Military Occupational Specialty in: Instrumentation, Electrical, Process Ops, Mechanical, or related disciplines.
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Successfully complete a post-offer/pre-placement drug and alcohol screening, background check, physical, functional capacity examination, as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process.
· Drives on a routine basis
· Previous Oil and Gas production operations or process experience.
· Familiarity with reliability efforts for a variety of safety, environmental and process related issues.
· Familiar with pneumatic/electronic instrumentation.
· Basic knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) and an aptitude for learning new software applications.
· Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below