Opportunity Title: Pipeline Technician
Location: Midland, TX
Closed Date: Until Filled
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems.
The Pipeline Technician maintains and operates crude oil pipelines, pump stations and all of the associated equipment such as pumps, motor operated valves, pressure switches, electric motors, transmitters, vibration switches, electronic controls and pressure regulators. The Pipeline Technician modifies, repairs, or overhauls electronic and electrical equipment and controls. Applies knowledge of electronics principles in determining equipment malfunctions, and applies skills in restoring equipment to operation.
- VoTech certificate or Associates Degree or related work experience is a preferred.
- Previous experience and knowledge of industry related maintenance and repair standards preferred.
- Knowledge of the general design and operation of a crude oil pipeline.
- Basic computer skills including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- Minimum of 3 years stable work history, preferably in the energy industry.
- 2-4 years previous experience with the operation, and maintenance of a crude oil pipeline facility preferred.
- Possess a strong commitment to personal and job safety.
- Must demonstrate mechanical aptitude and dexterity in the use of tools and equipment.
- Knowledge of pumps, regulators, MOV’s, electronic controls and medium electrical voltage is desired with an understanding of crude oil pipelines.
- Ability to read and interpret alignment sheets, schematics and P&IDs.
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, decision making skills and strong work ethic.
- Required to live within a 30 minute response time of job assignment.
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below