Major Energy Company
Opportunity Title: Offshore Rigger/ Roustabout
Location: Carencro, LA
Closed Date: 04/10/2017
ABOUT THE COMPANY
This Major Energy Company is the largest operator on the Gulf of Mexico Shelf. Their people, expertise, partnerships and commitment to success are the reasons behind their continued growth.
As a P&A Rigger with this company, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a diverse and fast paced environment. In this position the P&A Rigger will be responsible for safe rigging up and rigging down operations and daily operations at the work site. This position is located offshore and will work 14 day on and 7 day off rotation.
- Maintain good communication with P&A Pump Operators and Supervisors
- Unloading boats, hooking onto loads, and unhooking from loads with crane and rigging up equipment
- Responsible for rigging up valves and lines from pump to well
- Keeping up with water volume in tanks and how much has been pumped into the wells
- Mixing cement and cleaning cement blender after pumping cement
- Maintain all tools, making sure they are clean and in good working condition
- Assist Pump Operators in checking all fuel and oil levels in equipment
- Assist E-Line and Slick Line during rigging operations
- Maintain a clean and safe work area and job site by following Fieldwood Energy HSE and Standard Operating Procedures manuals
- Must meet all of NextOp’s elegibility requierements
- Minimum of 1 – 2 years previous offshore experience preferred
- General knowledge of well services and equipment
- Knowledge of Plug & Abandonment equipment and services
- Must be physically able to respond to emergency situations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules, BSEE and be able to learn Company regulations
- Knowledge of Job Safety Analysis (JSAs) and Job Hazard Analysis
- Must have the skills to control operations of equipment or systems
- Must have about a year of rigger experience.
- Must be able to drive to location per work schedule.
- Must be able to pass hair follicle test.
- Must be able to work 12 hours a day in harsh weather conditions.
Based on experience
How to Apply
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below