Major Energy Company
Opportunity Title: IT Technician
Location: Houston, TX
Closed Date: Until Filled
ABOUT THE COMPANY
We have just received this opportunity with a major Energy Company for IT Technician positions in Houston, TX.
Team: Technology and Innovation (T&I) – ES EUC Support
Role: IT Technician
Description: Based in Houston, TX the IT Technician will provide desk side support services for all clients in the Houston Tower, assist with delivery of IT Projects and serve as the custodian for all IT related Incidents and Service requests.
- Provide Deskside support (Hardware/Software Support & Training) on Windows PCs: local and network printers and multi-function devices and other PC peripheral devices
- Install, configure, test and maintain IT hardware as necessary to address Incidents and Service Requests made by the client group
- Provide Workstation Support for the following OS’: Windows 7, Windows 10, iOS
- Diagnose problems with software configurations and Network (LAN) connectivity issues
- Provide support for remote users leveraging VPN when away from the office.
- Assist as necessary with the on boarding of new employees
- Work with other IT Support Teams to coordinate resolution of Service Requests
- Provide A/V support, including Skype, TelePresence, ClickShare etc.
- Configure & Deploy Mobile Devices including iOS and BYOD platforms
- Work with Hardware/Software vendors to facilitate warranty work on company owned equipment
- Serve as backup for Executive IT Support
- Manage Service-Now queue to achieve Service Level Agreements
Proficiency in Microsoft Office application suite
Awareness of IT Service Delivery methodology
Strong written and verbal communication skills, client relationship skills, detail-oriented
Education Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below