Major Healthcare Company
Opportunity Title: Business Planner
Location: Dallas, TX
Closed Date: 09/08/2017
Planning, scheduling, coordinating, and/or final approval of products through the complete production schedule.
• Coordinates production plans to ensure materials are provided according to schedules.
• Communicates production schedule to production team.
• Interacts with marketing, production, engineering, distribution, purchasing, and customer service to reschedule in case of design changes, material shortages, backlogs, and other potential schedule interruptions.
• Works from engineering plans and production specifications to create BOMs used in production schedules and capacity requirements.
• Tracks and analyzes new product parts/components through the entire product life cycle.
• Will release Job orders or BAs to production and monitor existing orders.
• Ensures inventory accuracy/control is maintained.
• May train others in materials related topics.
• Conducts inventory analysis to maintain the lowest level of inventory possible while servicing our customers at an excellent level.
• May coordinate the activities of one or more clerk and/or other non-exempt employee(s).
• Works integrally with the Customer Care team on project scheduling and delivery coordination.
• Creates and maintains forecasts based on historical demand and market knowledge for product lines at an individual product or component level and communicates priorities to all departments to meet this forecast.
• May evaluate the performance of one or more non-exempt employees(s), based on pre-established performance parameters.
• Other duties as assigned by manager.
• Has the independence and authority to perform required tasks to ensure all provisions of the quality system are met.
• Able to routinely make a decision which may affect immediate operation and have a company- wide impact.
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A. or B.S.) in related field or equivalent.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific methods.
- Must be able to communicate with large groups of people.
- Must be able to review printed material.
- Must be able to communicate telephonically.
- Must be able to generate and explain detailed forecasts, plans, and schedules.
- Must be able to analyze and resolve non-routine materials related issues of a moderate to diverse scope using independent judgment.
- Must be able to prioritize work effectively.
- Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, product or component appearance, etc.).
A large percentage of work time is spent in a warehouse where temperatures are cool and noise level can be moderate to high.
Sedentary Work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, etc. Generally involves sitting most of the time.
Based on Experience.
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below