Major Oil Company
Opportunity Title: New Build Operator I
Location: Houston, TX
Closed Date: 06/16/2017
Job ID: IRC11737
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Major Oil Company, through its substantial fleet of land-based drilling rigs, provides comprehensive drilling solutions to major and independent oil and gas companies.
The New Build Operator I will be responsible for inspecting incoming and outgoing materials and inventory of parts required for the new build process. The New Build Operator I will ensure that new rig yard hands are trained on the processes and procedures as well as the parts required for the new build process. The incumbent in this role will be required to work effectively, handling multiple tasks during the rig-up and rig-down process to include, but not limited to installing and assembling rig components and painting and finishing equipment.
- Train new rig yard crew members on processes and procedures and general use of equipment and tools
- Participates in Pre and Post tour meetings
- Examine fabricated units ensuring accuracy of items delivered
- Sort and stack incoming and outgoing materials and inventory required for the new build process
- Operate various air powered and hand tools including ratchets, wrenches, pushing sticks, tag lines, driving pins, sledge hammers, etc.
- Learn, keep current with and apply guidelines, methods, and standards established to build and maintain a quality driven and Incident-free Culture
- Assist in keeping jobsite clean (safety house, conex), organized and assist with keeping tools and equipment in functional order
- Provide orientation for jobsite visitors
- Assist with keeping track of tools assigned to the Pad Forema
- General knowledge of rig up yard operational processes.
- Demonstrate the ability to read, understand, and follow instructions related to the rig up and rig down process
- Demonstrate clear communication skills, including ability to read, write, and speak English and to promptly follow verbal and written directions in English
- Ability to take direction and give feedback to team members regarding shared work duties.
- Ability to work efficiently, handling multiple tasks and following through on each assigned task.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment including various situations that involve climbing at heights
- Ability to lift heavy objects and exert 50 to 100 lbs. of force frequently to move objects
- Ability to work in various types of weather conditions (hot/cold)
- Ability to work collaboratively with other crew members, third parties, and management in a safe, organized, and productive manner
- Willingness to maintain the following certifications: Forklift and Man Lift
- Ability to use simple mathematical calculations using whole numbers, fractions, and decimals (addition, subtraction, division and multiplication) to make job related calculations.
- Ability to complete the established training courses
- Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl occasionally during visits to field and operational work areas;
- See clearly and judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch for and report ongoing work activities involving coworkers and third parties
- Listen for unusual noises that signify equipment and machinery problems
- Accurately recall information over short and long-term memory
- Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
- Stay alert and remain focused even during occasional extended work periods
- Demonstrate clear communication skills and ability to promptly give, and follow directions
- High school diploma, certificate or equivalent.
- One (1) year stable related work history (e.g., farming, ranching, construction, heavy equipment or other trade) or military service (unless requirement is waived by Regional Vice President and Regional Human Resources Manager).
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Possess a general understanding of rig construction and general rig operations
How to Apply
Send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below