Major Marine Company
Opportunity Title: Systems Administrator III
Location: Houston, TX
Closed Date: Until Filled
ABOUT THE COMPANY
This company has a rich history of delivering top-quality marine construction solutions and quick-turn services to meet a full spectrum of customer needs, even under the most challenging of conditions.
This position is accountable for supporting and maintaining the Company’s server infrastructure and computer systems for all divisions within the company. General responsibilities are to support and maintain the organizations servers, backup, recovery, disaster recovery, security, and end user systems. Typically, the incumbent will interface with employees at every division.
Specific Responsibilities (List of Essential Job Duties in Order of Importance)
- Research, design, test and implement new software releases, system upgrades, and patches for the server and computer infrastructure environment.
- Research, design, implement, and maintain the Company’s backup and recovery systems, software and hardware.
- Research, design, implement, and maintain the Systems Infrastructure including; physical servers, virtual environment, storage appliances, advanced server roles, Microsoft Systems Center servers.
- Ensure all assigned Systems Team projects are being completed according to the approved design, schedule, and budget.
- Research, design, implement, and maintain of the Company’s security systems which include anti-virus/malware and e-mail security.
- Develop, manage and maintain approved Group Policy settings.
- Review, investigate, and resolve SCOM alerts and system event logs to ensure optimum reliability of systems and proactively correct problems.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and repair high level systems and applications to maintain their proper configuration, integrity, performance, and security for end users to perform their daily job functions efficiently.
- Manage, and maintain user, group, and system accounts in Microsoft Active Directory and Microsoft Office365.
- Development and maintenance of technical procedure documentation and systems infrastructure diagrams.
- Respond to off-hour alerts, calls, e-mails or notifications to ensure operational efficiency and uptime.
- Assist as needed with any IT related projects as determined by the IT Manager or the Vice President of Information Technology.
- Responsible and accountable for incumbent’s own personal safety.
- Responsible and accountable for the safety of all co-workers and any others incumbent comes in contact with.
- Authorized and obligated to stop work on any task or series of tasks whenever an unsafe condition or situation is anticipated or is observed.
- Complies with all applicable laws, regulations and Company policies and procedures, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Reports any and all violations of applicable laws, regulations or Company policies and procedures promptly, and is subject to appropriate disciplinary action (including dismissal) for failure to do so.
- Performs other related administrative and technical duties as may be assigned or requested by immediate supervision (such as certification training, safety training, procedure review, etc.).
A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent certifications such as MCSA or MCSE and 6 years’ experience in the field or in a related area. The incumbent must have excellent computer skills and have technical expertise with Microsoft applications including Windows Server 2012 R2, Hyper-V virtualization, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Office365, Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint. The incumbent must also have technical expertise with Active Directory setup and maintenance, current security management standards, backup and recovery best practices, storage array configuration, and change control processes. Experience with Veeam, Exagrid hardware, and Microsoft Systems Center 2012, specifically Configuration Manager, Operations Manager, and Service Manager is a plus. The position also requires exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and relate to senior-level executives, management, as well as all levels of employees.
The position also requires exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and relate to senior-level executives, management, as well as all levels of employees.
In addition, the incumbent must also:
- Be able to prioritize and plan work activities to make effective use of time;
- Be able to manage and lead other employees in the department;
- Be able to work outside of normal business hours;
- Be well organized and task oriented to provide effective support;
- Be a self-starter with the ability to perform work duties with minimal supervision;
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with employees at all levels of the organization;
- Be able to maintain strict confidentiality with sensitive business matters
- Be flexible with ability to adjust to rapid changes in work priorities
- Be able to travel as needed to perform job related tasks or assist in IT related projects.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Incumbents must be able respond appropriately during site emergencies as directed by the Human Resources Director, Safety Manager, or other management representative.
The individual must also be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment if required to work or visit the jobsite. This may include hard hat, safety glasses, respirators, ear plugs, steel-toed shoes, personal flotation devices, or other equipment as required by the work performed and location the work is being done.
Light physical requirements are occasionally involved including lifting objects that may weigh up to 60 lbs.
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below