Opportunity Title: Automation Specialist
Location: Pecos, TX
Closed Date: Until Filled
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda — key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2016 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
The Automation Specialist will be responsible for the design, specification, installation, programming, calibration, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of automation equipment in order to improve plant or oilfield system operation/uptime and reduce total operating costs.
- 3-5 years’ oilfield experience preferred, with a responsible attitude for personal safety and the safety of co-workers, contractors, and the general public.
- In lieu of industry experience will consider the following fields: Avionics, Heating and Refrigeration, Communications, Automation, radar technology, mechanical, electrical and/or nuclear technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
- Excellent diagnostic and repair skills for complex problems in automation systems
- Working knowledge of SPOC
- Excellent knowledge of automation host systems
- Expert in using test equipment pertaining to job, including oscilloscope, function generators, radio service monitor, etc.
- Able to perform general PM work: testing end devices, temperature shutdowns, pressure switches, level shutdowns
- Understanding of pneumatic instrumentation: calibration and maintenance
- Electronically qualified per OSHA, 1910.269 up to 600V
- Skillful in reading electronic schematics, identifying components, and understanding their functions
- Able to calibrate and troubleshoot complex PLC programs
- Good computer skills
- Must have valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below