Opportunity Title: Instrumentation & Electrical Technician
Location: Midland, TX
Closed Date: Until Filled
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda — key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2016 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
- 5 years experience with oil field and/or pipeline and terminal automation systems, preferred; Thorough knowledge of pipeline systems and surface equipment, including tanks, valves, positive displacement and centrifugal pumps, electric motors, gas engines, and other pertinent equipment.
- In lieu of industry experience will consider the following fields: Avionics, Heating and Refrigeration, Communications, Automation, radar technology, mechanical, electrical and/or nuclear technologies
- Strong understanding of pipeline transportation system operations, preferred.
- Sound knowledge of PHMSA, API, NEC, OSHA, and DOT codes and standards with an ability to apply that knowledge to pipeline projects.
- Operator Qualification per D.O.T. FCR 195 (Administered by Centurion)
- Strong computer skills (MS Office suite and CMMS Systems).
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision.
- Strong, team oriented interpersonal communication.
- Supervisory, analytical and project management skills.
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below