Opportunity Title: Measurement Technician
Location: Snyder and Seminole, TX
Closed Date: Until Filled
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda — key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2016 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
Measurement Technicians are responsible for accurate measurement, sampling, operations, and custody transfer of various crude oil types being gathered and transported; following measurement manual procedures and guidelines.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Suites, STAR, Maximo)
- Perform various mathematical calculations associated with job duties to ensure accurate quality and quantity.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Self motivated and able to work with little supervision.
- Must have the ability to multitask and be a team player.
- 2 years of oilfield pipeline/station measurement experience is preferred.
- Preferred experience with (L) ACT meter operations and station equipment, and meters calibration.
- Preferred experience with crude oil analyzing equipment.
- Preferred experience with (L) ACT unit design and operations.
- Preferred experience with flow computers, Coriolis Meters, and displacement meters.
- In lieu of industry experience will consider the following fields: Avionics, Heating and Refrigeration, Communications, Automation, radar technology, mechanical, electrical and/or nuclear technologies
- Must be able to work rotating 12 hour shift schedule (if applicable, site specific).
- Requires fine motor skills and ability to lift 50 lbs., and work outside in all weather conditions, and extended hours.
- Visual acuity correctable to 20/40 distant and 20/20 near, Color Vision required: Ability to distinguish colors on LCD SCADA/HMI interface.
- Must be able to climb large storage tank stairs, with measurement equipment, and work at elevated heights.
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below