Opportunity Title: Pipeliner
Location: Midland, TX
Closed Date: Until Filled
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda — key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem’s market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2016 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
A Pipeliner maintains and initiates routine repairs on pipelines and associated equipment. They will assist in the installation, maintenance, and repairs of pipelines, associated facilities, and equipment. This role required the ability to read and understand station flow and pipe line alignment diagrams.
- Self-motivated and able to work well with little supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with other team members/departments.
- Intermediate computer skills, able to use Microsoft Office Suite and Maximo.
- Good communication and math skills.
- Ability to obtain Operator Qualification per D.O.T. FCR195 (Administered by Centurion)
- Must possess valid driver’s license and have a good driving record
- Must live within 30 miles of assigned work location.
- Requires fine motor skills, and visual acuity correctable to 20/40 distant and 20/20 near.
- Ability to lift up to 100lbs., work outside in all weather conditions, and extended hours.
- Must be able to work in confined spaces, enter and exit sloped ditches
- Must be able to climb, while carrying required equipment, ladders and tanks, and work at heights of up to 60 feet.
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below