Major Construction Company
Opportunity Title: Party Chief I
Location: Houston, TX
Closed Date: 06/16/2017
ABOUT THE COMPANY
This Major Construction Company is searching for a Party Chief I. They are located in the Houston Area and are a very large and successful construction business.
The position of a Party Chief I is responsible for the actual field work of a survey party on various job locations and for the organization, efficiency, and accuracy of the work performed and obtained.
- Locates, reviews, and researches job locations for identifying landmarks, physical objects, and significant land changes that would affect the required survey; supervises the work; evaluates priorities and coordinates and organizes the work efforts.
- Supervises the standard of work being performed and derives the necessary field calculations from work completed; responsible for the instruments and equipment; ensures that the angles, distance, and information are accurate and conform to regulations and standards.
- Records, draws, and illustrates, in note form, a neat and legible reproduction of work performed.
- Consults with computer operators and assists and directs the final computations; ensures that the final map of plat represents a comprehensive and accurate description of the field survey.
- Performs administrative functions, such as completing time sheets and vehicle mileage reports, maintaining expense accounts, and documenting subsequent expenditures.
- Whatever enhances the operations of the company.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Safety Representative and/or supervisor.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years experience with highways/roads/bridge projects is required
- Knowledgeable with the English Language in speaking & writing. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Familiar with construction technical terminology (surveying).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outdoors but in an enclosed vehicle protected from extreme weather conditions.
- Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (for instance, rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.)
Physical Active Level
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Ability to physically maneuver by foot minor obstacles at construction projects.
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below