Major Construction Company
Opportunity Title: Party Chief II
Location: Houston, TX
Closed Date: 06/16/2017
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Over the past 50 years, this major construction company has become one of the largest and most respected construction companies in the U.S. They are searching for a Party Chief located in the Houston Area.
The position of a Party Chief II is responsible for the actual field work of a survey party on various job locations and for the organization, efficiency, and accuracy of the work performed and obtained.
- Locates, reviews, and researches job locations for identifying landmarks, physical objects, and significant land changes that would affect the required survey; supervises the work; evaluates priorities and coordinates and organizes the work efforts.
- Supervises the standard of work being performed and derives the necessary field calculations from work completed; responsible for the instruments and equipment; ensures that the angles, distance, and information are accurate and conform to regulations and standards. Able to notice anomalies & inconsistencies in data.
- Knowledge of field surveying practices and techniques, including radial staking; uses and capabilities of survey instruments, including electronic total station, data collectors.
- Performs the most technically complex paraprofessional field surveying duties.
- Records, draws, and illustrates, in note form, a neat and legible reproduction of work performed.
- Operates computer, assists and directs the final computations; ensures that the final map of plat represents a comprehensive and accurate description of the field survey.
- Performs complex surveying calculations using engineering calculator, laptop computer, personal computer.
- Performs administrative functions, such as completing time sheets and vehicle mileage reports, maintaining expense accounts, and documenting subsequent expenditures.
- Whatever enhances the operations of the company.
- Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures. Report all unsafe activities to Safety Representative and/or supervisor.
- Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
- Provide leadership to others through example and sharing of knowledge/skill.
Education and Experience
- 7+ years’ experience with highways/roads/bridge projects is required
Licences and Certifications
- Driver’s License, OSHA10/30
- Knowledgeable with the English Language in speaking & writing. Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus.
- Familiar with civil engineering and survey technical terminology.
- Knowledgeable in the concepts of algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.
- Above average ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to interpret drawings.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Outdoors but in an enclosed vehicle protected from extreme weather conditions.
- Outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions (for instance, rain, sun, snow, wind, etc.)
Physical Activity Level
- Moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with the fingers.
- Ability to physically maneuver by foot minor obstacles at construction projects.
Based on Experience
How to Apply
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below