Opportunity Title: Maintenance Technician Electronics
Location: Midland, TX
Closed Date: Until Filled
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Schlumberger is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 100,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
The Maintenance Technician Electronics is a specialized technician who follows a specific training program and is a member of the maintenance team with the important role of maintaining the reliability of our equipment. The Maintenance Technician Electronics is responsible for doing the modifications, corrective and preventive maintenance to minimize the failures in electronic equipment in order to prevent either lost time or poor quality data by ensuring that their assigned equipment is maintained as per Maintenance Standards.
Relationships: The Maintenance Technician Electronics reports directly to the Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager.
Previous Experience and Competencies:
The Maintenance Technician Electronics should be hired with a 2 years technical degree. The employee must have the ability to formulate thought processes necessary for an efficient troubleshooting. This position requires the ability to communicate with supervisors and lower seniority technician to share his knowledge.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
People & Training
- Participates in advanced schools and seminars related to his/her expertise, for refreshing and actually sharing his knowledge with the maintenance team, ensures his/her post training is accurately recorded.
- Keeps current with new Wireline equipment and technology and updated maintenance methods.
- Promotes the importance of Data and Service Quality within the maintenance community.
- Understands and complies with Schlumberger’s rules and regulations.
- Assists the development and coaching of less senior Technicians.
- Assists the other team members (FE/FS, Operators…) with the maintenance sections of their training program.
Process & Equipment
- Ensures all assigned equipment is continually maintained at shop with highest standards, resulting in proper functionality and minimum failures.
- Performs Quality checks and modifications strictly as per procedure and according to the defined schedule.
- Efficiently troubleshoots and repairs assigned equipment.
- Participates in Root Cause Analysis of failures.
- Records all maintenance and failure events immediately and accurately.
- Drives their workflow and ensures data entry is accurate, timely and honest.
- Actively uses InTouch Support both for technical solutions and for knowledge sharing.
- Makes recommendations to supervisors on requirements for spare parts, test equipment and tools necessary for efficient maintenance.
- Support technically the location on his / her expertise.
Quality & HSE
- Promotes a culture of safety awareness within the maintenance community.
- Ensures his/her work areas are safe, clean and orderly at all times.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of Schlumberger and client information.
- Follows the company policies and procedures on health, safety and environment.
- Supports Management efforts to minimize general and Segment-specific Quality and HSE risks and promotes respect, understanding and adherence to safety regulations.
- Conducts unsafe and hazardous situation audits / identification.
- Uses QUEST to report RIR and for follow up on action items.
- Understands and actively applies the SLB LTI/AA Prevention Plan.
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below