Opportunity Title: Perforating Pump Down Field Specialist/Supervisor
Location: Midland, TX
Closed Date: Until Filled
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Schlumberger is the world’s leading provider of technology for reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing to the oil and gas industry. Working in more than 85 countries and employing approximately 100,000 people who represent over 140 nationalities, Schlumberger supplies the industry’s most comprehensive range of products and services, from exploration through production and integrated pore-to-pipeline solutions for hydrocarbon recovery that optimize reservoir performance.
The Field Specialist will perform wireline engineering services, in particular Perforating Pump Down services, in accordance with Schlumberger’s safety and operational standards. The primary responsibility of Field Specialists is to deliver high quality services to our clients.
He/She is responsible for ensuring pre-job engineering tasks and dispatching of equipment is complete. Furthermore, he/she will assist with the operation and maintenance of wireline equipment at the job site; provide technical review of designs and operate and maintain specialized and proprietary equipment at the job site; and complete client service packets and data acquisition. The Field Specialist is directly responsible in ensuring the quality of service delivered at the wellsite, in terms of safety, quality and efficiency of operation, is up to standard. He/She will be a team member in a cell and provide the direct supervision to a group of 3-6 equipment operators on/off the well site. As a Field Specialist, the employee will ensure that the maintenance and treatment of equipment are successfully executed in accordance with Schlumberger’s specialized standards; complete training modules to maintain company professionalism and facilitate career development; as well as participate in the improvement of operations and safety.
A non-comprehensive list of tasks include:
- Simultaneous Winch & Perforation operations
- Depth Control & Correlation
- Perforating gun arming & disarming
- Perforating gun maintenance & breakdown
- BATFE and district specific guidelines for handling of explosives
- Well head equipment (WHE) operations
- Rig up and Rig down involving WHE
- Crane Operations
- Client interactions
- Leading JSA & Safety meetings
- Job coordination with other segments
The Field Specialist reports to the Field Service Manager (or the Engineer-in-Charge).
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Organize and participate actively in the training of his/her operators.
- Support the training of Junior Field Specialists and crew assigned to his/her cell.
- Attend to his/her personal development by following the Fixed Step Training program or post General Field Specialist (GFS) development programs, as applicable.
- To follow and uphold all Schlumberger QHSE standards and promote their understanding and adherence.
- To control quality of our service during all phases of the operation and ensure products of highest quality are delivered to the client.
- To perform all reporting duties concerning the field operations, accurately and in a timely manner.
- To ensure that the status of all equipment assigned to his/her cell is reported and kept up to date
- To ensure that supplies are available at the well-site to perform the operation
Previous Experience and Competencies
- 2 to 3 year technical college associate degree or equivalent oilfield experience as a field supervisor in wireline, slickline or coil tubing services.
All applicants must meet NextOp’s minimum program requirements:
- Post 9/11 Veteran
- Honorable Discharge
- Able to pass a Background Check and Drug Screening
- Have a Valid Drivers License and Driving Record
- E-7 and Below